Welcome to My Cyber Classroom
You've come to the right place for digital camera and photography information and workshops.
Lee Otsubo, The Digital Photo Guy, has presented digital camera and photography classes, seminars, workshops and lessons to over 30,000 participants since 1998. We hope you are next.
We specialize in webinar lessons and "hands-on" photoshoot workshops. Webinar (web conference, video conference, webcast, etc) is the most productive and efficient means of teaching in the 21st century. Contact us for more information about our webinar classes or review the available classes under Workshops.
Yes! I want immediate access to FREE weekly Monday Morning Tips.
I know, more forms to fill out. I promise this is the absolute last form you'll have to fill out on this site (until the next one!)
Only real names will be accepted. No "handles".
We're not gonna make phony promises we can't keep. If we hit big time and Google buys our site for a gazillion dollars, we can't promise what they'll do but, in the meantime, we'll do our best to keep your e-mail address private and we certainly won't sell it.
Tags (to quickly find articles)3 lens kit acr adobe camera raw aperture basics bw camera canon 7d clubs contest exposure flash freebies gear HDR ISO Joshua Tree NP lightroom macro MMT Palomar College Photo Editing photoshoot Photoshop CS2/CS4 Photoshop Elements Photoshop World raw Registration rob sheppard RSS San Diego Fair software Topaz Adjust Topaz Labs Topaz ReMask video Webcast Web Conference Webinar Website Wild Animal Park wildflowers WordPress workshop Workshops
Search by Specific Words
- Lighting 103: How to Gel Big Lights February 26, 2017Abstract: How to economically gel umbrellas, beauty dishes and soft boxesWhen using bigger lights (such as an Einstein e640, seen above) gelling gets a bit more complicated and expensive. Why? Big lights have protruding flash tubes and modeling lights, and potentially big modifiers.But for each kind of modifier, there are workarounds that will allow you […]
- Lighting 103: Prerequisites and Supplies February 26, 2017Abstract: Here's what you'll need—and what you need to know—before starting Lighting 103.Lighting 103 will be about color. We'll be weaning ourselves from the stock, unnatural white light that comes out of your bare speedlights. At a minimum, you'll be working with two flashes. We'll be blending colors in highlight and shadows, so you really […]
- Lighting 103: How to Gel Big Lights February 26, 2017
- Sony FE 85mm F1.8 sample gallery and first impressions February 28, 2017The Sony FE 85mm F1.8 joins Sony's full-frame E-Mount lineup as the most affordable native lens that offers a short telephoto focal length. Other full-frame systems have had comparably low-cost 85mm lenses for quite a while, and it's nice to see Sony filling in some of the gaps for budget conscious users. The FE 85mm balances […]
- Ricoh R Development Kit 360 degree camera will be available for pre-order in May February 28, 2017Ricoh has released pricing and full specifications for the Ricoh R Development Kit 360 degree live streaming camera that was first shown to the public at CES earlier this year. The company has also announced it is starting to take pre-orders for the device on the Ricoh R website starting in May. The kit will […]
- Sony FE 85mm F1.8 sample gallery and first impressions February 28, 2017